‘Taste and Buy’ at the Bat Cave
Thanks for your interest in coming to taste with us at our cellars – lovingly called the “Bat Cave” – in Beamsville, Ontario. You will find our approach is a little different. We don’t have a “Tasting Room,” or even a retail space. We are a small family winery with no full-time employees. So, when you get an appointment, your visit will be with us. That’s the good news and the bad news. It’s good news because it means that, like many small wineries in Europe, we have a “Caveau” where we sit and taste with our guests, as we get to know them better. The bad news is that our hours are irregular, and our appointment days are not plentiful, and they are mostly on the weekends.
The other way that our appointments are different is that they are not open to everyone. They are open to subscribers to our mailing list, and everyone can join our mailing list. It may seem a trivial difference, but the way we look at it is that we are making a mutual commitment. We are gifting you with the tasting (we do not charge for the experience), and you are agreeing to receive our occasional emails.
So, if you are not already on our mailing list, sign up here. You will be sent the details of how to request an appointment when you register.
(If you are already on our mailing list, you will have received an email dated July 7, 2021, with the details. If you aren’t seeing our emails, check your Junk folder. Still no luck? Email us and we’ll get it sorted out. (Do not email this address for an appointment please.)
So, if you are already on the mailing list, read on.
We are accepting appointment requests for dates beginning July 16, 2021, and will have times available most weekends into the early fall. (A heads-up on two exceptions: Minimal appointments will be available during i4C weekend July 23-25, 2021, and there’s a blackout week from Aug. 26 to Sept. 4, 2021, as we regenerate and prepare for Harvest.)
What you need to know:
- We offer an outdoor seated tasting led by Mary.
- We’ll give you a taste of four wines of your choice from a menu of wines that are currently available for purchase.
- The maximum number of guests at one table is six, whether tasting or not.
- All tasters must be at least 19 years of age.
- Please allow a total of an hour for your tasting including the opportunity to purchase.
- Wines will be available for purchase at your appointment, with payment by credit cards only.
- If you, or anyone in your group, need to cancel, please give us as much notice as possible, so we can accommodate others.
Current COVID regulations:
- Each member of your group will be required to provide their contact information and answer screening questions. The province requires us to keep your contact information secure for a period of 30 days, should they need to inspect it.
- Masks must be worn, except during the actual tasting. You will be prompted to use hand sanitizer upon your arrival and departure.
- Please maintain physical distancing from others not in your party.