Our ‘Taste and Buy’ opportunities at our cellars are currently suspended. Until the Province is able to ease restrictions due to COVID, we are not able to welcome you back to the “Bat Cave.”
We will update this page and notify our mailing list when we can begin to take appointment requests again.
(We have temporarily removed the form for booking appointments below.)
‘Taste and Buy’ at the Bat Cave
Thanks for your interest in coming to taste with us at our cellars – lovingly called the “Bat Cave” – in Beamsville, Ontario. We don’t offer a traditional tasting experience – our hours are irregular, and our appointment days are Thursday through Saturday only. Our tastings are a benefit for subscribers to our newsletter so, if you are on our mailing list, read on.
If not, please sign up first BEFORE requesting an appointment.
What you need to know:
- We offer a seated tasting led by Mary.
- You will taste four wines (of our choice, from our inventory that is available for purchase.)
- Maximum number of guests is four, whether tasting or not, and all must be from the same household.
- Each member of your group will be required to provide their contact information, answer screening questions and sign an attestation that they are living in the same home as the other members of your party. The province requires us to keep your contact information secure for a period of 30 days, should they be required to inspect it.
- Masks must be worn, except during the actual tasting. You will be prompted to use hand sanitizer upon your arrival and departure.
- All tasters must be at least 19 years of age.
- Please allow 30 minutes for your tasting (and a few more for buying!)
- Wines will be available for purchase at your appointment, with payment by credit cards only.
- If you, or anyone in your group, need to cancel, please give us as much notice as possible, so we can accommodate others.