‘Taste and Buy’ at the Bat Cave
Thanks for your interest in coming to taste with us at our cellars – lovingly called the “Bat Cave” – in Beamsville, Ontario. You will find our approach is a little different. We don’t have a “Tasting Room,” or even a retail space. We are a small family winery with no full-time employees. So, when you get an appointment, your visit will be with us. That’s the good news and the bad news. It’s good news because it means that, like many small wineries in Europe, we have a “Caveau” where we sit and taste with our guests, as we get to know them better. The bad news is that our hours are irregular, and our appointment days are not plentiful.
The other way that our appointments are different is that they are not open to everyone. They are open to subscribers to our mailing list – and everyone can join our mailing list. It may seem a trivial difference, but the way we look at it is that we are making a mutual commitment. We are gifting you with the tasting (we do not charge for the experience), and you are agreeing to receive our occasional emails.
So, if you are not already on our mailing list, sign up here.
The Current Situation: After a full-on summer and a long harvest, we are looking forward to a limited schedule of winter tastings. Starting in December, we will have limited availability on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Details on how to book will be provided to our mailing list in November. (Please do not use the contact form or any of our email addresses to request an appointment in the meantime.)
As tastings will be held indoors (and the Bat Cave is very small), we can have no more than four people at a time, to maintain physical distancing. Until further notice, masks must be worn except during the actual tasting, and guests are required to bring proof of double vaccinations.
(We will be closed from December 18, 2021 to January 5, 2022 to see family, and eat too much 😉 )
What you need to know:
- In the winter, we offer an indoor seated tasting led by Mary. In the spring, we will move outside again.
- We’ll give you a taste of four wines of your choice from a menu of wines that are currently available for purchase.
- The maximum number of guests is four, whether tasting or not. (Once outdoors again, we can take appointments for up to six.)
- All tasters must be at least 19 years of age.
- Please allow a total of an hour for your tasting including the opportunity to purchase.
- Wines will be available for purchase at your appointment, with payment by credit cards only.
- If you, or anyone in your group, need to cancel, please give us as much notice as possible, so we can accommodate others.