‘Taste and Buy’ at the Bat Cave
Appointments are again available and you can send your request on or after September 21, 2020. If you previously asked for an appointment while we were “blacked out,” you will need to submit a new request. Thank you.
Thanks for your interest in coming to taste with us at our cellars – lovingly called the “Bat Cave” – in Beamsville, Ontario. We don’t offer a traditional tasting experience – our hours are irregular and our core appointment days are Thursday through Saturday.
Our tastings are a benefit for subscribers to our newsletter so, if you are on our mailing list, read on. If not, please sign up first BEFORE requesting an appointment
What you need to know:
- we offer an outdoor seated tasting led by Mary. We only have outdoor tastings for the foreseeable future, so they are weather-dependent. Please dress accordingly.
- You will taste four wines (of our choice, from our inventory that is available for purchase.)
- maximum number of guests is four, whether tasting or not, from the same “social bubble.”
- Masks must be worn, except during the actual tasting.
- due to COVID-19 protocols, we will not combine your group with others, therefore there will be less appointment times available overall.
- due to COVID-19 protocols, the province requires us to keep the name and contact information of one member of your group for a period of 30 days.
- all tasters must be at least 19 years of age.
- please allow 30 minutes for your tasting (and a few more for buying!)
- wines will be available for purchase at your appointment, with payment by credit cards only.
- we will require a phone number for a contact person for your group in the event that we must change the plans for your visit due to weather.
- if you, or anyone in your group, need to cancel, please give us as much notice as possible, so we can accommodate others